Dementia Action Alliance brings together leading organisations across England committed to transforming health and social care outcomes for people affected by dementia.
WHO WE ARE
We are Dementia Action Alliance – the alliance of over 150 national organisations across England who connect, share best practice and take action on dementia. Everything we do is in partnership, and informed by people living with dementia, and those that care for them.
We were formed in 2010 with the launch of the National Dementia Declaration. This saw members commit to action that radically improve the lives of people living with dementia. Today, our members continue to make commitments, using their collective expertise to influence Government policy and societal attitudes towards dementia.
WHAT WE DO
Action - Dementia Action Alliance captures and promotes best practice, enabling it to benefit many more people. We do this through member Action Plans. These are made public on our website.
Learn - Members come together to share best practice and learn about the latest trends and innovations from across health and social care. We enable this through our events programme that includes roundtables, conferences and webinars.
Campaign - Members come together to influence system-wide change and campaign on major issues within health and social care affecting people living with dementia.
- Access to a network of health and social care professionals
- Share best practice with other members, and learn from each other
- Collaborate with people living with dementia, and those that care for them
- Invitations to our programme of events – which includes expert round tables, conferences and workshops
- Influence over Government policy and societal attitudes towards dementia
- Campaign on the major issues in health and social care relating to people with dementia and carers
- Showcase yourself as an organisation committed to taking action on dementia
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletters, which includes updates on our member activity and major trends within the sector
- Engage with leaders from Government and across health and social care
- Connect with others via our website and social media
- Learn from our topic-led webinars, podcasts and films
- Opportunities to shape what we do, highlighting the issues that are important to people affected by dementia
- Ensure your organisation is equipped to respond to the needs of people living with dementia
We are proud to help support the Dementia Action Alliance. It is great to be part of such a dynamic group of health and social care professionals who are committed to taking action and achieving change to help improve the lives of people affected by dementia.
Jeremy Hughes CBE, CEO - Alzheimer's Society