Public Library Authority running network of 30 libraries throughout Northumberland. In Tyneside there are libraries at Allandale, Bellingham, Corbridge, Haltwhistle, Haydon Bridge, Heddon, Hexham, Prudhoe and Ponteland
- 28 August 2019
- North East
- Local Authorities
- Local Alliances:
- Tynedale Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. Increase Staff Awareness : Hold two information sessions at Hexham Library on 1st & 2nd October 2019
2. Offer Loan of Reminiscence Boxes: Make information on our memory boxes available to local groups
3. Increase Community Awareness:Invite Tynedale DAA to set up a stand in Hexham Library during Dementia Awareness week 2020
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
1. We want our libraries to be dementia friendly spaces where people with dementia and their carers feel supported and welcomed
2. Reaching all our staff and volunteers - we will need to encourage digital training as we will not be able to enable all staff to attend sessions in person
Hexham Library, Northumberland Council