St James Shool, Exeter
St James School is a fully comprehensive, vibrant and inclusive school where we promote 'believe and achieve' within our school ethos. We have a strong connection with our local community and work closely with parents and our feeder schools to make sure that we provide a positive learning environment where students feel safe, valued, confident and are able to thrive.
- 30 June 2019
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Exeter Dementia Action Alliance (EDAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We will be able to support by raising awareness of Dementia to our students and giving them up to date and accurate information of what they can do and where they can access support.
- Raise awareness across the school by having EDAA as one of our annual school charities.
- Raise awareness by implementing dementia awareness into our KS2 PSHE programme so that all students have a dedicated lesson on dementia, what they can do to support and where they can access support.
- Implement dementia into H&SC KS4 option subject
- Toilet door signs for visitor toilets.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Our challenges will be time, funding and other commitments. These can be overcome looking at how this can be Incorporated into our curriculum and PSHE program.