Abbey Funeral Directors
At Abbey Funeral Directors in Hadleigh, we are dedicated to conducting beautiful and meaningful funeral services for all our local families. We also welcome people from Thundersley and Daws Heath, along with Leigh-on-Sea, Benfleet and beyond. Established in 2010, our funeral home is tastefully decorated and designed to be comfortable, warm and welcoming. We are your local Dignity funeral director and we are part of the National Association of Funeral Directors, abiding by strict codes of conduct, so you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We promise to work closely with you, listen carefully to your requests and help you every step of the way. We are here for you 24 hours a day. So please give us a call as soon as you need us.
- 27 June 2019
- Local Alliances:
- Southend, Castle Point and Rochford District Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our Funeral Directors have worked towards becoming Dementia Friendly and have been working collaboratively with the Dementia Community Support Team to:
1. Raise awareness of Dementia within the organisation and within our local office.
2. Learn more about the Dementia support offer for the local area, and how we can signpost families that may need support later on.
3. We have built rapports with the local Dementia Navigator so we can contact them if we need support with a family or person with Dementia.
4. All staff have undertaken a Dementia Friends session and we have a Dementia Champion that will be the point of contact for the whole organisation.
5. The office has completed the Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors Toolkit and will receive a Certificate of Accreditation for becoming Dementia Friendly.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
If we have new starters within the organisation, they may not have the same level of knowledge of other staff, however we will contact our local Dementia Navigator to complete a Dementia Friends session, to ensure continuity of Dementia knowledge throughout our organisation.
Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors
Staff: All staff to undertake a Dementia Friends session to raise knowledge of Dementia and the local Dementia Navigator support on offer for this locality. One Dementia Champion to be the point of contact for the organisation.
Environment: Relevant and easy to read signage, a welcoming atmosphere and environment that is well lit and supportive of the service user.
Dementia Community Support Available: Support for the office staff for training purposes and service user support should they need it.
Resources: Access to various Dementia Support resources for the service users including: This is Me, Herbert Protocol and the Red Bag Scheme
2019 - Second Quarter Update
New member action