Tanners Funeral Directors
We are Tanners Funeral Directors in Prittlewell, Southend-on-Sea. We are honoured to have gained the trust of the local families that have surrounded us since 1812, when we first started here. We understand losing a loved one can be very emotional and difficult. We promise to be by your side every step of the way, to guide and advise where needed and ensure your loved ones funeral service is arranged beautifully and exactly as you wish. A combination of rich heritage, many years of experience and a compassionate team means that we provide the very best quality of care for people in their time of need. You can trust us to look after your loved one with the utmost care and always have your family's best interest at heart.
- 27 June 2019
- Local Alliances:
- Southend, Castle Point and Rochford District Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our Funeral Directors have worked towards becoming Dementia Friendly and have been working collaboratively with the Dementia Community Support Team to:
1. Raise awareness of Dementia within the organisation and within our local office.
2. Learn more about the Dementia support offer for the local area, and how we can signpost families that may need support later on.
3. We have built rapports with the local Dementia Navigator so we can contact them if we need support with a family or person with Dementia.
4. All staff have undertaken a Dementia Friends session and we have a Dementia Champion that will be the point of contact for the whole organisation.
5. The office has completed the Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors Toolkit and will receive a Certificate of Accreditation for becoming Dementia Friendly.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
If we have new starters within the organisation, they may not have the same level of knowledge of other staff, however we will contact our local Dementia Navigator to complete a Dementia Friends session, to ensure continuity of Dementia knowledge throughout our organisation.
Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors Toolkit
Staff: All staff to undertake a Dementia Friends session to raise knowledge of Dementia and the local Dementia Navigator support on offer for this locality. One Dementia Champion to be the point of contact for the organisation.
Environment: Relevant and easy to read signage, a welcoming atmosphere and environment that is well lit and supportive of the service user.
Dementia Community Support Available: Support for the office staff for training purposes and service user support should they need it.
Resources: Access to various Dementia Support resources for the service users including: This is Me, Herbert Protocol and the Red Bag Scheme
2019 - Second Quarter Update
New member action