W Thorpe & Son Funeral Directors
Established in 1838, our original Leigh on Sea funeral home was based on Leigh Hill Road, founded by "Chippie Thorp", who was a carpenter and a funeral director. As this point, the building was 'listed', therefore it could not be altered to meet the needs of our growing clientele. Today, we are located on the corner that meets Avenue Road on the bustling Broadway high street, with a bigger team and improved facilities to provide our families with professional funeral care. Please call us so we can provide a personal and unique funeral service.
- 27 June 2019
- Local Alliances:
- Southend, Castle Point and Rochford District Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
Our Funeral Directors have worked towards becoming Dementia Friendly and have been working collaboratively with the Dementia Community Support Team to:
1. Raise awareness of Dementia within the organisation and within our local office.
2. Learn more about the Dementia support offer for the local area, and how we can signpost families that may need support later on.
3. We have built rapports with the local Dementia Navigator so we can contact them if we need support with a family or person with Dementia.
4. All staff have undertaken a Dementia Friends session and we have a Dementia Champion that will be the point of contact for the whole organisation.
5. The office has completed the Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors Toolkit and will receive a Certificate of Accreditation for becoming Dementia Friendly.
Dementia Friendly Funeral Directors Toolkit
Staff: All staff to undertake a Dementia Friends session to raise knowledge of Dementia and the local Dementia Navigator support on offer for this locality. One Dementia Champion to be the point of contact for the organisation.
Environment: Relevant and easy to read signage, a welcoming atmosphere and environment that is well lit and supportive of the service user.
Dementia Community Support Available: Support for the office staff for training purposes and service user support should they need it.
Resources: Access to various Dementia Support resources for the service users including: This is Me, Herbert Protocol and the Red Bag Scheme
2019 - Second Quarter Update
New member action