Maybush Medical Centre
- 30 November 2018
- Local Alliances:
- Wakefield and Five Towns Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We are a large surgery and it can be difficult to get all staff together. We also work different shifts which can impact on training sessions.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Make training for this on a target date so all staff can attend in one session
Make 1 staff member a Dementia Champion so they will make sure the actions are delivered and all training to be up to date.
Provision of up to date literature
What we are going to do:
We will have available up-to-date literature and information in our waiting areas together with information about the local support services for people with dementia which are available in the area.
The following information leaflets can be ordered direct from Alzheimer's Society publications order line 0300 303 5933 or email email@example.com
· Dementia Guide, 25 copies
· Memory Handbook 25 copies
· Worried about your memory 25 copies
· My visitor book 20 copies
· Making your home dementia friendly 10 copies
· Basic fact sheets, 6 copies
Use technology to raise awareness
What we are going to do:
We will provide information through links on our website, that raises awareness of dementia and also supports people in (insert name of city\town\area) living with dementia and their families and friends:
We will create a page on the Practice’s own website giving information about dementia, and put links to the following websites onto an existing page on our website:
· Alzheimer’s Society website - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
· Wakefield and Five Towns local Alzheimer’s Society office
· Carers UK - http://www.carersuk.org/
· Carers Wakefield http://carerswakefield.org.uk/
· Age UK Wakefield http://www.ageuk.org.uk/wakefielddistrict/
· Dementia UK - https://www.dementiauk.org/;
· Dementia Friends - https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/;
· DEEP (Dementia Engagement & Empowerment Project) - http://dementiavoices.org.uk/ ;
- Alzheimer’s Society “The dementia guide” (FREE comprehensive guide)
Alzheimer’s Society webpage Living with Dementia publications - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=2580