MEMORY BOX CAFE
Ravenswood (West Wickham) WI set up Memory Box Cafe for people living with dementia to help alleviate loneliness and isolation and provide support to all those affected. We meet twice monthly, the Cafe is entirely run by volunteers and is financed by fundraising and donations.
- 9 February 2019
- Local Alliances:
- Bromley Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. People have the choice to come and we provide appropiriate support to them and their carers.
2. Our programme is designed to provide fun, company and information.
3. We aim to make sure that everyone feels valued and part of the local community.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Ensuring that people in West Wickham are aware of Memory Box Cafe and what we can offer them.
Managing a group of people covering the whole spectrum of dementia.
Continue to ensuring our volunteers attend Dementia Awareness Session
All volunteers are provided with the opportunity to attend training sessions provided by the Dementia Hub and our in house training three times a year in addition to a Dementia Awareness Session.
- Being implemented
Working towards making West Wickham a dementia friendly town
We have been working with the Bromley Dementia Hub and local community to ensure that the businesses in West Wickham are dementia aware and dementia friendly. We now want to get involved with the Bromley Dementia Action Alliance formal process.
- Initial Scoping
Ensuring that all our volunteers are aware of appropriate language to use in relation to dementia.