One Croydon Alliance
One Croydon Alliance is a health and care partnership between commissioners and providers that have a 9 year agreement to transform services to improve the outcomes for local people.
- 1 August 2018
- Local Alliances:
- Croydon Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
As an alliance, our aim is to ensure all partner organisations have knowledge and understanding of dementia so they can:
- Commission more effectively.
- Provide services which support people living with dementia and their carers, to ensure they live as independently as possible and to achieve their goals.
- Engage with local population and making sure the voices of people living with dementia and their carers are heard.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Improving the alliance partners understanding of dementia from a person-centred approach rather than an organisational perspective.
In a complex environment with competing priorities and reducing resources, making sure dementia is thoroughly embedded into business as usual will be a challenge.
Member websitewww.one-croydon.co.uk (Website In development)
Ensure all One Croydon partners are signed up to the Croydon Dementia Action Alliance (CDAA) as individual organisations to underpin the support for people living with dementia and their carers.
Working closely with CDAA in order to achieve this and promote within the One Croydon Alliance.
Programme staff to complete Dementia Friends awareness with an aim for all new colleagues to receive it as part of their induction.
A Dementia friends Awareness session is arranged for the whole of the Programme Management Office and we will explore how to ensure new colleagues receive it as part of their induction
- Implementation, Initial Scoping
The One Croydon Alliance will commission with Dementia in mind, across all areas, which demonstrates the Alliance's expectation that organisations are Dementia friendly.
We are looking into how best to incorperate this approach into our service specifications and alliance agreements.
- Initial Scoping, Planning