Normanby Hall Golf Course
Adjoining Normanby Hall Country Park, the 18 testing holes (par 72) of Normanby Hall Golf Course are set in 117 acres of superb, established wood and parkland. One of the many attractions of the course is the unique nature of the 18 holes, each offering a challenge to golfers at every level.
- 10 July 2018
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Recreation, Retail
- Local Alliances:
- North Lincolnshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We will ensure that our services are designed around a members needs if they have dementia and that they are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
We will ensure that carers are respected and supported.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Our challenges will be supporting our members with dementia so that they feel confident in continuing to participate in a sport that they enjoy.
Our golf professionals will attend a dementia friends session so that they can increase their understanding of dementia and support members.
2018 - Second Quarter Update
Helen Wright completed a dementia friends session with Lee and Adrian the 2 golf professionals at Normanby Hall Golf Club. The purpose of the session was the increase their awareness of dementia to enable them to better support their members who may have dementia and still want to play golf.
Improve our signage
We will work with local support groups and take their advice to improve out signage so that our members with dementia can easily navigate their way around our golf course and facilities.
- Being implemented, Initial Scoping
2018 - Third Quarter Update
Two ladies accompanied by Sarah Baldwin from the Alzheimer's Society visited Normanby Hall golf course on 20th September 2018 to give advice on where the issues occur with regard to signage at the course and how it can be improved.
* Making maps available for the course
* Tee posts are painted in bolder colours
* The hole numbers are painted larger so that it is easier to see upon approaching the posts.
This feedback has been sent to Normanby Hall golf course for their consideration.
Supporting our members with dementia to play golf for as long as they want to.
We will support our members who have a dementia diagnosis and their carers in a way which suits them best to ensure that they can continue to play golf for as long as they want to.
- Being implemented