Stanley Health Centre
- 24 July 2018
- Local Alliances:
- Wakefield and Five Towns Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We are reliant on NHS Property services agreeing to the requested changes as we are not allowed to make any changes to fixtures and fittings.
What difficulties might you face, and how will you overcome them?
We will apply for the grant and offer to pay for the some of the alterations.
Contact name:Pat Foster – Practice Manager
Address: Stanley Health Centre, Lake Lock Road, Stanley, Wakefield WF3 4HS
Telephone: 01924 822328
Website address: Stanleyhealthcentre.nhs.uk
Provision of up to date literature
We will have available up-to-date literature and information in our waiting areas together with information about the local support services for people with dementia which are available in the area.
The following information leaflets can be ordered direct from Alzheimer's Society publications order line 0300 303 5933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dementia Guide, 25 copies
• Memory Handbook 25 copies
• Worried about your memory 25 copies
• My visitor book 20 copies
• Making your home dementia friendly 10 copies
• Basic fact sheets, 6 copies
Use technology to raise awareness
We will provide information through links on our website, that raises awareness of dementia and also supports people in (insert name of city\town\area) living with dementia and their families and friends:
We will create a page on the Practice’s own website giving information about dementia, and put links to the following websites onto an existing page on our website:
• Alzheimer’s Society website - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
• Wakefield and Five Towns local Alzheimer’s Society office
• Carers UK - http://www.carersuk.org/
• Carers Wakefield http://carerswakefield.org.uk/
• Age UK Wakefield http://www.ageuk.org.uk/wakefielddistrict/
• Dementia UK - https://www.dementiauk.org/;
• Dementia Friends - https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/;
• DEEP (Dementia Engagement & Empowerment Project) - http://dementiavoices.org.uk/ ;
• Alzheimer’s Society “The dementia guide” (FREE comprehensive guide)
• Alzheimer’s Society webpage Living with Dementia publications - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=2580
Request that NHS Property Services change the carpet in the waiting room from dark grey to royal blue.
Request that they change toilet seats and handles in toilets to royal blue.