Hendon FC in partnership with Silver Jubilee Park
Silver Jubilee Park Stadium is in the heart of the Community of Brent and sits on the Barnet border. It is also home to two football clubs, Hendon (Brent’s biggest senior club) and Edgware Town. However, the Stadium is more than just a football venue. The regeneration of Silver Jubilee Park (SJP) has been to create a thriving community hub with a particular emphasis on youth. In the three years since its modernisation it has quickly become the local community hub for a whole host of activities attracting in excess of 2,000 visitors to the facility per week.
- 28 June 2018
- Local Alliances:
- Community Action on Dementia Brent Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
KTMC Ltd will pledge 3 actions to evidence our commitment to the CAD-Brent/DAA membership
- We will work with community groups to encourage people with dementia to attend football matches in a safe and friendly environment. Our walking football programme is an ideal opportunity for the over fifties to exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle with likeminded people. Our proposed community garden project will also assist in our aim.
- We will erect advertising boards around our pitch to highlight and create awareness on dementia. User websites and social media will be used to further highlight the cause
- We will offer dementia awareness to our staff, players, supporters and all other users of the stadium.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We do not see any obstacles to achieving the above.
Set up social activities
We will work with our user groups to set up at least two activities to enable people living with dementia, and there carers/families, to live a healthy and inclusive lifestyle e.g. walking football has started, garden project planning stage, social gatherings to be organised.
We will review all block signage throughout our estates so that people living with dementia find it easier to access and understand
Advertising boards have been ordered and will be delivered within ten days. Websites for users will have a link to CAD Brent within two weeks
We will offer dementia awareness sessions to our staff, players supporters and other users