Ash Grove Medical Centre
- 24 July 2018
- Health, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Wakefield and Five Towns Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Being a large surgery with a large number of staff, making sure that training is available to all members of staff. We hope to include regular updates.
Getting access to awareness raising material.
We will consider Dementia patients when making any premises changes
What difficulties might you face, and how will you overcome them?
Being a large surgery with a large number of staff delivering training to all staff will prove difficult, We will look out for Extra Dementia friendly session and invite a different cohort of staff to attend
Contact name: Jo Hewlett / Louise Jones
Address: Ash Grove Medical Centre
Telephone: 01977 622104
Website address: http://www.ashgrovesurgery.co.uk/
Provision of up to date literature
We will have available up-to-date literature and information in our waiting areas together with information about the local support services for people with dementia which are available in the area.
Use technology to raise awareness
We will provide information through links on our website, that raises awareness of dementia and also supports people in (insert name of city\town\area) living with dementia and their families and friends:
We will create a page on the Practice’s own website giving information about dementia, and put links to the following websites onto an existing page on our website:
• Alzheimer’s Society website - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
• Wakefield and Five Towns local Alzheimer’s Society office
• Carers UK - http://www.carersuk.org/
• Carers Wakefield http://carerswakefield.org.uk/
• Age UK Wakefield http://www.ageuk.org.uk/wakefielddistrict/
• Dementia UK - https://www.dementiauk.org/;
• Dementia Friends - https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/;
• DEEP (Dementia Engagement & Empowerment Project) - http://dementiavoices.org.uk/ ;
• Alzheimer’s Society “The dementia guide” (FREE comprehensive guide)
• Alzheimer’s Society webpage Living with Dementia publications - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=2580
Ensuring our staff is dementia awareness trained. Raise awareness of dementia to patients and people visiting our surgery via leaflets and displays. We also aim to make our surgery a safe and dementia friendly environment for patients and visitors