Local pharmacy, part of Green Life). We offer free medication reviews, blood pressure checks, diabetic blood and sugar checks, and advice and information. We also offer order, pick up and deliver medication.
- 5 April 2018
- Health, Pharmaceutical, Retail
- Local Alliances:
- Leeds Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We are able to support people living with dementia, their families and carers through awareness of our staff and promoting awareness widely in the community. We will be able to provide a better understanding and service to our customers living with the condition.
We will be able to connect with community groups for promoting of dementia friendly activities and signpost.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Lack of information and connections in the community can become a challenge, for update information.
Raising awareness in the wider community can be improved.
To make sure all the staff is dementia aware, we will hold standing item at team meetings for dementia friendly work, sharing updated information and talk about experiences and sharing good practices among the team
- Being implemented, Implementation
Display leaflets and promoting community events related to dementia friendly communities.
- Being implemented
All staff trained on e-portal to become Dementia Friends through head office.