London Bubble Theatre Company brings people together to create, participate in and enjoy theatre. Its main purpose is to provide the artistic direction, skills, environment and resources to create inspirational, inclusive, involving theatre.
- 23 March 2018
- Charity, Arts
- Local Alliances:
- Southwark Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
• Consulting peer organisations such as DAA and Alzheimer’s Society for guidance as well as neurologists and psychologists.
• Training, research and consulting guidelines.
• Asking if we could be doing anything better with relevant audiences and participants.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Anxiety around getting it wrong. Will overcome this by asking if we could be doing anything more or differently where appropriate.
- Accessibility to our events: Being clear about what is on offer and supporting people to participate with volunteer presence in sessions.
Lead Facilitator on Creative Homes to become a Dementia Friendly Champion
I, Helena Rice, will train in becoming a Dementia Friendly Champion. The former lead facilitator on the programme was a Dementia Friendly Champion, and as a result the whole team were trained previous to my starting the role.
Deliver Dementia Friendly training for Bubble freelancers and volunteers and Young Theatre Makers
I will offer training to Bubble freelance facilitators, Creative Volunteers and participants on the Young Theatre Makers Programme.
Collaborating with The Dementia Action Alliance
Collaborate in sharing the learning form a pilot between London Bubble and SLAM at a local specialist Dementia unit. This will involve: showcasing some of the multisensory work through an installation; photography; case-studies and talks from the artists potentially DAA and SLAM representatives.