Mid Sussex and Crawley Police - Sussex Police
Policing Mid Sussex and Crawley
- 24 April 2018
- South East
- Emergency Services Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Burgess Hill Dementia Action Alliance, East Grinstead Dementia Action Alliance, Haywards Heath Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
People living with Dementia are vulnerable members of the community, one of the Police Services core roles is the safeguarding of vulnerable people.
By working with partners we will establish what is important locally for people affected by dementia.
This is how we will review our effectiveness :
- Test the knowledge and awareness of Prevention staff
- Record the number of Dementia Friendly events supported by the Crawley & Mid Sussex Prevention Team
- Speak with Estates and Facilities regarding the design and layout of Police Front Offices.
- Discuss Dementia awareness with Town Councils to establish what actions are important locally for people affected by dementia.
Staff Training - creating dementia friends
At least 75 % of Prevention Team staff and Public Enquiry Officers to attend a Dementia Awareness Session
Attendance / Supporting Dementia Friendly events across Crawley & Mid Sx Hub
Ensure Prevention staff attend and support Dementia Friendly events
Review Public Contact Office - suitability of layout
To ensure the layout of front offices are familiar for persons with Dementia, do they and thier carers feel comfortable / engaged with Police?