Zest Physiotherapy for Life
Providing the highest quality of private home visit physiotherapy in the comfort of your own home, without a waiting list and at no extra charge for travel. We also help Care Home Managers to up their game in terms of the quality of care they provide to be more effective, responsive and safe through business to business collaboration and a multidisciplinary approach to care planning. Zest Physiotherapy For life Home Visiting Physiotherapists offer specialist condition specific physiotherapy for clients with dementia such as sensory stimulation or relaxation, development of dementia friendly physical activity and exercise, falls risk management, contracture prevention therapy and manual handling advice for clients and their carers.
- 21 December 2017
- Local Alliances:
- Plymouth Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We deliver person centred care which places our clients at the centre of any assessment, treatment planning and goal setting. through our work we aim to improve the person centredness of care home care planning and training.
- W aim to improve the understanding of care home staff on the individual physical activity and exercise needs of their residents, to improve the quality of life for people with dementia.
- Our service offers further choice for people living with dementia and their carers as a source of support, information and physiotherapy.
- We are able to signpost clients on to more appropriate services where required.
- Our physiotherapists will take the time to understand our clients needs and wishes with a holistic approach to person centred care.
- Our physiotherapy aims to improve overall wellbeing for people living with dementia and to encourage participation in activities, social groups and physical activities.
- Where appropriate, our physiotherapists can recommend the use of assistive technologies to improve quality of life for people living with dementia.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The main challenge for our practice implementing our service improvement is that there may be financial restrictions for our care home business to business clients or in individual clients health budgets.
Education and Training
Through education and training and social media, we plan to increase awareness of the benefits of physiotherapy led care planning for physical activity, recreation, positioning, manual handling, mobility and transfers.
We will work with care home managers to deliver training and awareness sessions on the benefits of inclusion of physiotherapy within the care home team to improve the quality of care delivered for people living with dementia.
Multi-disciplinary Care Planning.
To deliver physiotherapy as part of a care home-multidisciplinary approach to care planning, assessment and treatment sensitive to the needs of residents living with dementia.
Dementia specialist approaches.
We will continue to offer specialist condition -specific physiotherapy for clients with dementia such as sensory stimulation or relaxation, falls risk management, exercise, contracture prevention therapy and manual handling advice for clients and their carers.