St Margaret's Church
St Margaret's Church is an Anglican Church in the neighbourhood of Ifield in Crawley with an inclusive approach to all in need. We are a strong, compassionate, spiritual community where all are loved as they are, providing various ways of worshipping and offering help where we can. Our church is open every day from 8.30am - 6.00pm for quiet prayer. Our main act of worship is the Parish Eucharist at 11.00am every Sunday. Outside of the main service there is a communion service at 8.00am. We have a family service called "FIISH" at 9.30am on the 2nd Sunday of each month. Refresh is an interactive service, with modern praise for all ages, at 9.30am on the 4th Sunday of each month. Alongside this there is a communion service at 10.00am every Wednesday. We work in partnership with the Alzheimer's Society in the hosting of twice yearly dementia friendly concerts.
- 29 June 2017
- South East
- Faith Groups
- Local Alliances:
- Crawley Dementia Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We welcome all those affected by dementia and offer a comfortable place to come and worship. If you are coming to church for the first time, or if you haven't been for a long time, our friendly welcome team will make sure that you know what is going on. To make sure that you can feel at home as soon as possible, we've produced a welcome leaflet and help you to understand the service if parts of it are unfamiliar.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Advertising and letting all the local residents know where we are and what we are doing
- To create an environment that is dementia friendly which includes better signage for the toilets
- To enable our congregation to have a greater understanding of the difficulties that can arise for those living with dementia
Raise awareness of dementia in our congregation
- To enable our congregation to have a greater understanding of the difficulties that can arise for those living with dementia by encouraging all our congregation to become dementia friends by attending dementia friends sessions
- To ensure our congregation are aware of local Dementia Friends sessions
Make environment more dementia friendly
- better signage for the toilets
- Welcome Sheet for services
Organise education and training for the congregation
- To run at least one Dementia Friends Awareness Session for our congregation and friends. We shall also specifically include thoughts and prayers for those with dementia and their carers/loved ones in our Sunday Services
- To continue to host twice yearly dementia friendly concerts in partnership with the Alzheimer's Society
- Being implemented