Avery Walters Solicitors
We are solicitors who cover all areas of law (except criminal and immigration). We have a large department in private client and we deal with the elderly predominantly. We are all members of solicitors for the Elderly.
- 27 June 2017
- Local Alliances:
- Harrogate and Rural District Dementia Action Alliance, Leeds Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
To make it known to all clients locally that we are dementia friendly. It is important for all staff to be made aware of all aspects of dementia so that they can adopt to circumstances and the environment to put all family members and those with dementia at ease when visiting the firm.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
1. Making time for all staff to get together out of office hours. We could get over this by arranging more activities within working hours such as bun sales and presentations.
2. Arrange more visits within working hours to local community groups and care homes.
Connecting with local neighbourhood networks
We are doing a free presentation for staff, family members and residents of a care home on 21st June 2017.
Holding coffee mornings
We did our last coffee morning for Alzheimer's Society in September 2016 and will also do it on September 2017. All events arranged at the firm raised money for the Alzheimer's Society, including ladies evening raffle.
Making all staff dementia aware
We are having a dementia friends session on Monday 22nd May 2017 for all staff.