Hemsworth Park Care Centre
Hemsworth park Care Centre provides a 93 bedded facility to care/nurse residents with a variety of medical diagnosis, the home has 4x units, nursing, young disabled, residential and Dementia unit We have close links with the Vanguard and local organisations and schools and out Dementia unit has just completed the Four seasons healthcare Dementia care framework and will achieve accreditation on the 14/6/2017
- 12 June 2017
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Local Alliances:
- Wakefield and Five Towns Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Hemsworth park care centre is a 93 bedded care centre that has 4 units that cater for Nursing, Dementia, Young Disabled and Residential residents as a team we need to ensure that training is available to all members of staff. We need to have regular updates on progress
- Getting access to awareness raising materials
- We will consider and involve residents affected by dementia when making any premises changes
- Getting all the staff through the dementia awareness training, unit managers to allocate a percentage of staff to attend the training sessions
- To ensure that as a Home we have enough notice boards that allow staff, relatives and residents to opportunity to read the material on Dementia