DRFC Community Trust
The Trust is a registered charity associated with Dagenham and Redbridge FC and arranges a variety of activities for people in the local community.
- 28 January 2019
- Charity, Children Young People and Students, Local Authorities, Recreation, Schools
- Local Alliances:
- Havering Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
The Trust aims to provide a safe, firendly an d welcoming environment for all members of the local community from young to old, male and female, irrespectivive of race, religion or level of ability. The Trust wants to work with people who have dementia, their carers and other organisations to provide a place, or activity, where the people want to be and can engage in fun, firendly and worthwhile activities. We hope to raise awareness of dementia in the football club, host a Dementia Friends session, investigate how to support people with dementia to come to the football club more and look at a shared season ticket option, hosting a reminiscence session and walking football. Additionally, we hope to put on a match day supporting Alzheimer’s Society, when we can raise money and awareness by having a dementia friendly match day.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The Club has nearly 200 employees, but the vast majority are part time and only work on match days. Getting the message and the traininig to the staff is something which will take time, but is possible.
Daggers Dementia Days
1) Raise awareness of dementia in the football club: Host a Dementia Friends session
2) Investigate how to support people with dementia to come to the football club more: Looking at a shared season ticket option, hosting a reminiscence session and walking football matches/training
3) Put on a match day supporting Alzheimer’s Society: Raise money and awareness by having a dementia friendly match day