Dementia Friendly Hayling
We are planning to raise awareness and understanding of dementia on Hayling Island, with the aim of reducing stigma and improving support and quality of life for those living with dementia, their carers and families.
- 30 May 2017
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
By improving understanding and reducing stigma we hope to improve the support offered by the community of Hayling Island to all those affected by dementia.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Engaging sufficient volunteers to train as Dementia Friends Champions to deliver information sessions to businesses, statutory and voluntary organisations and the wider population.
- Keeping up the momentum and enthusiasm for this project over the longer term.