City of London Sinfonia
City of London Sinfonia (CLS) is the Orchestra that promises to surprise and move you. We involve people from all ages and backgrounds in life-enhancing music experiences to create an exciting and harmonious future together. CLS performances represent outstanding musicianship, but also take the audiences on a journey which goes beyond the music to surprise and move: cross-arts collaborations with the world of dance, film, theatre, visual art, spoken word or a different music genre. This approach applies across the wide range of our performance venues from East London clubs to traditional Central London concert halls, cathedrals across the UK, and festivals including Spitalfields, Cheltenham, Brighton and BBC Proms.
- 18 July 2017
- Arts, Charity
- Local Alliances:
- Southwark Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. Raise awareness of dementia
We will hold a Dementia Friends session for members of City of London Sinfonia
We will promote a dementia friendly concert to the public, and raise awareness more widely
We will ask our supporters who wish to volunteer at the dementia friendly performance to become Dementia Friends
2. We will work toward our 9th November 2017 performance at Southwark Cathedral being a dementia friendly performance
We will consult people living with dementia on our proposed performance with the help of Alzheimer’s Society
3. We will join Southwark Dementia Action Alliance and promote our membership through our networks
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Educating our Board, staff and musicians on dementia will be time-consuming.
We must take time to understand how best to promote the dementia friendly concert (i.e. marketing, use of language, training volunteers, hosting a group of people with dementia at a rehearsal)
It may be expensive if we decide to hire a consultant to ensure our performance is dementia friendly
Raise awareness of dementia
We will hold a Dementia Friends session for staff of City of London SinfoniaWe will promote and deliver a dementia friendly concert to the public, and raise awareness more widelyWe will ask our supporters who wish to volunteer at the dementia friendly performance to become Dementia Friends
2017 - Second Quarter Update
Perform a dementia friendly concert
We will consult people living with dementia on our proposed performance with the help of Alzheimer’s SocietyWe will research methods of making our performance more dementia friendly and implement necessary changesWe will work collaboratively with Southwark Cathedral to ensure the venue suits the needs of people living with dementia
Promote our membership with Southwark Dementia Action Alliance to our networks
Join Southwark Dementia Action Alliance. Promote our membership through newsletters, our website, and social media
- Initial Scoping
2017 - Second Quarter Update