Aylesbury Library is a busy town centre library. We aim to create a calm and friendly library for those customers and carers living with Dementia.
- 10 May 2017
- South East
- Arts, Care, Charity, Children Young People and Students, Clinical Commissioning Group, Community organisations, Education Sector, Health, Local Authorities, Schools, Transport Sector, Voluntary, Voluntary Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Aylesbury Town Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. The library will continue to participate in the Reading Well Books on Prescription for Dementia project providing accredited books to people with dementia and their carers.
2. The library staff will develop their knowledge of signposting to specialist and local sources of information and services about dementia.
3. It is the library service aim to train all its teams to become Dementia Friends.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Libraries are universal services meeting the needs of the whole community. This is a strength but also challenges attempts to develop specific knowledge to meet the needs of specific groups of service users.