Dementia safety at home
Staying safe in your own home with a diagnosis of dementia Maintaining a good quality of life and dignity are some of the most important concerns at a time like this. At Dementia Safety at Home, we aim to help. On this website, you can find advice on how to make a home safe, yet still homely and engaging for your loved one. In the sections information is provided to help you make decisions that will make life easier for your loved one, as well as yourself during this challenging time. What is most important is that we keep this information jargon free and simple to understand.
- 30 August 2017
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Businesses and shops, Care, Community organisations, Education Sector, Local DAA Members, Retail, Social Care, Telecare
- Local Alliances:
- Nottinghamshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Understanding dementia is key to maintaining safety in the home, planning for the future is so essential and we give masses of advice on exactly how to achieve this. We see our role as an information hub, a website which can signpost to services, professionals, products, research and awareness.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Communicating to large audiences can sometimes be expensive and time consuming. Although the organisation has both paid and volunteer staff consistency in our approach remains the biggest challenge.
The information we deliver can sometimes become to idealistic due to personal funds, health and social care funding. Therefore are challenge is to enable people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers ways in which they make real difference to people`s lives through good practice and forward thinking.
Maintain and increase awareness through our website
- Continue to review website content
- Build social media presents
- Radio and newspaper awareness
- Possible review of organisation set up
- Being implemented
2017 - Second Quarter Update
- To have a fully operational website
- Radio coverage and newspaper coverage
- Have clear organisation setup plans