Purbeck Film Charitable Trust Ltd
We are a not for profit organisation and charitable trust, who run the Purbeck Film Festival and also run the Rex Cinema, a not for profit, community cinema, open 7 days a week.
- 19 September 2017
- South West
- Arts, Charity, Children Young People and Students, Community organisations, Recreation, Retail, Voluntary Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Wareham. Dementia Friendly Purbeck, A Dementia Friendly Community
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our cinema has started to run Dementia Friendly film screenings once a month at the Rex.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Ensuring safe and comfortable environment
- Publicising events and raising awareness of the initative