Driving Miss Daisy
Driving Miss Daisy offers a safe, friendly and reliable community companion service for children, the elderly and the vulnerable, including those affected by dementia. We're a trusted service offering more than just transportation. We collect you, drive you to and from your destination and provide personal assistance as you require. We care about making every journey a pleasure, and all our companions are safety checked, licensed and first-aid accredited, as well as being dementia friends.
- 10 January 2019
- Care, Transport Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Bromley Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1) we are enrolled on further full day training through the Bromley dementia hub
2) we are making other local organisations aware of the services we offer
3)we ensure staff are always dressed with name badges and in uniform when providing services to clients. Our vehicles are also designed to provide reassurance and reduce stress, with a standard bright colour of blue with the Daisy logo prominent upon the car
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
1) we are very strong as an organisation to ensure that employees receive the correct training in order that they can care for clients in a safe and secure environment.
2) time management: we ensure that we always leave enough time at either end of the journey so that we maintain a relaxed atmosphere, which reduces anxiety for clients
3) we are working hard to network with care providers, organisations and charities so that our specialised services are signposted in the Bromley area