Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
Prevention: We will visit people in their own homes to give fire safety advice in order to reduce the occurrence of fire and reduce deaths and injury. Protection: We will visit premises to give fire safety advice in order to reduce the occurrence of fire and reduce deaths and injury. Operational response: We respond to 999 calls and other emergencies to save life, protect property and protect the environment.
- 21 June 2017
- Local Alliances:
- Bradford on Avon, Calne Community Area , Devizes Community Area Dementia Action Alliance, Melksham Community Area, Royal Wootton Bassett, Salisbury Community Area, Tidworth Community Area , Pewsey Community Area Dementia Action Alliance, Marlborough Community Area Dementia Action Alliance, Amesbury Community Area, Corsham Community Area, Malmesbury Community Area Dementia Action Alliance, Trowbridge Community Area Dementia Action Alliance, Warminster Community Area Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We will engage with partner agencies and volunteer groups to identify vulnerable persons and ensure they are given safety advice that they and their carers can understand. The aim of this will be to allow people to live safely in a familiar environment, maintaining or improving their quality of life.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We will review the effectiveness of our actions through:
- Feedback from partner agencies and service users.
- Number of home visits made and the outcomes.
Provide Dementia Friends information sessions for all Fire and Rescue staff to attend
2016 - Fourth Quarter Update
150 Wiltshire Fire and Rescue staff have become Dementia Friends between May and end of October 2016
Provide all staff with advice on how to communicate clearly with people with dementia
Give advice on fire safety to Dementia Day clubs, Assisted living establishments and care homes as well as individuals who live in their own homes who would benefit from this input