Royton Medical Centre
We offer personal/friendly healthcare, reception staff and Drs and nurses plus health care assistants are dementia friends with a memory clinic held weekly at the surgery. Health care assistants, nurses and reception staff completed a memory walk in 2016
- 27 October 2016
- North West
- Health, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Oldham Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Create dementia champion
- Sign posting is a pivotal point within the 75+ health check.
- Comfort calling our elderly patients that are housebound.
- Reception are able to identify areas of concern, they are dementia friends and have regular contact with patients.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
New staff will need to be made dementia friends.
Nominate a dementia champion
Manager to allow time off to attend the one day course to become a champion.
Deliver dementia friends training to new staff and students.
Allow time during induction for training.
Signposting, notice board in reception.
Ensure that all information is relevant and up to date.