Alexandra Park and Palace
The iconic north London venue offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London. Check out the What’s On section to see all the events on offer, or visit Things To Do to plan a great day out. Alexandra Park first opened in 1863 and has a rich history of extraordinary milestones. Check out our interactive timeline to find out more. Did you know there used to be a racecourse called the Frying Pan at the bottom of the park? Alexandra Palace opened in 1873, has survived two fires, hosted the first ever television broadcast and has seen millions of people experience extraordinary events for over the last 140 years! Take a look at our timeline to see some of the unbelievable events that have taken place at the Palace. Ally Pally, as it is lovingly known, has an ambitious regeneration programme in progress to restore the Palace and open currently derelict areas of the site such as the Victorian theatre for the public to enjoy. Click here to learn more about the regeneration plans. Did you know that all the money that is generated by commercial activity in the park and palace goes back in to maintaining and restoring Ally Pally, to celebrate and share the past, deliver extraordinary experiences at present and regenerate for the future?
- 28 October 2016
- Local Alliances:
- Haringey Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Make Alexandra Palace as Dementia Friendly as possible through the development of the site and also activities and programs.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The location of the site is quite isolated and is in a period of building and transition which requires careful management.
- Run Dementia Friends sessions for staff and new starters at Alexandra Palace
Develop pilot activities for people living with Dementia in Haringey
- Develop pilot activities for people living with Dementia in Haringey and share experiences/learnings from the pilots
Dementia Friendly Building and Development
- Engage in a process of Dementia Friendly Planning for the development of the East Court