One Vision Housing
Registered Social Landlord/Housing Association.
- 5 October 2016
- North West
- Housing Sector, Social Care
- Local Alliances:
- Liverpool Dementia Action Alliance , Sefton DAA
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Mainly locally, though hoping to work with Liverpool DAA on a national conference.
OVH works in communities and with partner agencies; particularly strong partnerships in Sefton. Multi agency forums and strategic partners with L.A. Helped facilitate customer consultation on Dementia Strategy (as well as OP Housing strategies).
On a micro level, the Independent Living Service is provided to 900(+) older/vulnerable customers and offers person centred assistance with tenancy sustainment, including advice and referral to any customers exhibiting confusion, or living with a diagnosis.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Difficulty in encouraging people to seek a diagnosis because of stigma.
Fragmented health structures/boundaries; variation in provision.
Promoting dementia friendly environments
Ensuring any refurbishment/improvement of housing stock/ environmental features is in line with received good practice.
- Being implemented
Increasing the number of front line staff who have completed dementia friends training
- Establish a Dementia Champion (s) and extend training. Tool box talk, induction.
Dementia friendly workplace audit
Work with HR and L&D to audit physical and policy environment, align with Alzheimer’s Society published guidance
- Initial Scoping