Falmouth - Ann's Cottage
- 13 March 2014
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Falmouth Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists a number of outcomes that we are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of knowledge amongst our staff/community
- Limited time, resources and/ or a stretched budget
- This is not the primary purpose of our business/organisation/group; therefore is not seen as a priority.
We will encourage staff to improve their awareness of dementia by giving everyone a copy of the Falmouth DAA booklet - How to help customers with dementia. By doing this we will be able to recognise the signs and have the confidence to deal appropriately and give real help
Looking at our facilities and if we can, make things easier, eg making sure signs are clear and appropriately placed