Braintree Library acts as a community hub to local organisations and to the people of the town.
- 2 February 2017
- East of England
- Local Authorities
- Local Alliances:
- Braintree District Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Promote Dementia Friends Initiative
Run monthly drop in sessions at the Library
Join the local Dementia Action Alliance
Braintree Library offers resources to a variety of age groups, which improves more peoples level of understanding of Dementia. Being very diverse means we're able to contact more people and provide Dementia support through our service. As Dementia is growing and more organizations are aware, we would like to expand our own knowledge and embrace Dementia into our community.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Ensuring that our customers have an understanding of dementia and show ongoing commitment.
- Making sure everybody stays engaged and proactive with the development of Dementia friendly organizations
- To ensure everyone who experiences Dementia in any aspect feels support through the library
- keep constant updates on Dementia, to inform both staff/customers on what's happening in their communities
- Making sure we sustain and contribute our time/effort into the growth and welfare of Dementia within Braintree