Susan Pattison Therapy Services
Susan Pattison Therapy Services are a private business offering neurological physiotherapy and occupational therapy services to clients with neurological conditions, including dementia, in the North West region. We offer home visits throughout Lancashire, Merseyside, West and South Yorkshire. Our aim is to work with clients to improve their ability to live safely and independently within their own homes, the local community and where applicable, their workplace. We work individually with the person living with a neurological condition and also work with family, carers and Support Workers to ensure that best practice is maintained at all times.
- 17 March 2016
- North West
- Local Alliances:
- Bury Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We serve the public and therefore we have a role to play in enabling people with dementia to live in an enabling and supportive environment where they feel valued and understood and have a sense of belonging and of being a valued part of family, community and civic life.
- All of our clients have personal choice and control or influence over decisions and treatment plans which affect their lives.
- We endeavour to provide a service which meets individual needs.
- Our Physiotherapists provide support in the form of treatment to address the physical symptoms of dementia. Our OT's also provide support and advice about equipment and adaptations to the home as well as techniques to improve independence, safety and quality of life. We can also provide strategies to address cognitive and memory difficulties.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Ensuring that all staff understand the importance of supporting people with dementia and are aware of Best Practice guidelines.