Silva Care Ltd
At Silva Care we strive to deliver the highest quality of care and satisfaction to all of our service users, carers and relatives by providing person centred support and care. We understand that needs are unique to the individual therefore we plan with you and other people who are important to you the support you would like. Silva Care continuously monitors its services to ensure care is of the highest quality and that you are happy with it.
- 9 January 2019
- Care, Health
- Local Alliances:
- Bath & North East Somerset
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- 1. How can your organisation help to support people with dementia and families/carers?
By ensuring our staff team are appropriately trained.
By ensuring we involve the appropriate healthcare professionals.
By making communal areas within our services Dementia friendly.
We can arrange activities to raise awareness during dementia awareness week and throughout the year.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- 1. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes for your organisation?
Staff training and experience is limited.
We have limited resources.
- 1. How can you overcome these challenges?
We have arranged for managers and seniors to attend a ‘Dementia Awareness – Supporting Adults with Learning Difficulties’.
We have created a team of ‘Dignity champions’ within the company who can promote Dementia awareness.
We will continue to work alongside healthcare professionals to provide holistic support to our service users.
Improve our understanding of Dementia
I have arranged staff training for managers and seniors with the local authority. This will be cascaded to the staff team.
Arrange a Dementia awareness day
I will liaise with the dignity champions and arrange some fun and educational activities/events to raise awareness amongst our staff team, service users, families, carers and the local community.
Keep Dementia awareness a discussion topic for staff meetings
Speak to managers of various services and ask them to incorporate Dementia awareness in to their team meetings.
Make areas Dementia friendly
Research in to how communal areas within company spaces can be made more Dementia friendly.