The Denmead Practice
- 1 March 2016
- Health, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
All the doctors and staff are committed to helping people with Dementia and their carers. We feel there are ways we could improve the delivery of this care to make it easier for patients and carers.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Understanding what patients and carers need
Time to discuss as a practice how to make the changes we may want to make as a result of training and patient/carer feedback.
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure staff, especially all customer facing staff, attend a dementia awareness raising session.
- Being implemented
Making receptionists aware if extra help may be needed by highlighting patients and carers.
- reminding patients to attend
- directing people to the right room
Ensure the details of carers are logged, whether or not the patient consents to us sharing information with them.
2014 - Fourth Quarter Update