Hartley Wintney & District Over 55’s Forum
To provide advice and services to those aged 55 and over in the parish council areas of Hartley Wintney,, Heckfield, Mattingley and Winchfield
- 1 March 2016
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We will make members aware of the local services available to those living with dementia, provided both by statutory and voluntary sectors.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The biggest challenge is overcoming the reluctance of those with dementia or their carers to seek help from voluntary organisations. This manifests itself in very few people with dementia attending over 55s forum events.
Dementia Awareness raising
To encourage members to attend a dementia awareness raising session
- Being implemented, Delivered
2015 - First Quarter Update
Provision of Information
Include details of dementia friendly communities in H&W District Well-Being Directory which is updated every 2 years
Promotion of Dementia Friendly Community
Make available literature detailing support for those with dementia and their carers at all public meetings
- Delivered, Being implemented
2014 - Second Quarter Update