Sunrise Senior Living, Winchester
Residential care home
- 23 February 2016
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We care for residents with Dementia and support the loved ones journey.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Educating families about care options for people diagnosed with Dementia.
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure all staff members attend a dementia awareness raising session
- Being implemented, Delivered
Dementia Awareness and Dementia Champions
Nominate a team of Dementia Champions to deliver awareness within the community and wider area.
Providing venues free of charge for peer support groups.
- Delivered, Planning, Being implemented
Provide Dementia Friendly events/ facilities
Organise and host coffee mornings, where residents and non-residents, and their families can interact
2014 - Fourth Quarter Update