- 26 January 2016
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- to provide the best possible service for all customers
- to ensure all staff is dementia aware.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- to ensure new staff are trained to be dementia aware, in particular seasonal staff.
Dementia Awareness raising for staff
Ensure all staff members attend a dementia awareness raising session
Appoint a Dementia Champion
Nominate an individual to be a Dementia Lead/ Champion for the organisation, to ensure the viewpoint of people with dementia is considered in all aspects of the organisation
Dementia Friendly Environment
Review premises to look at ways the environment could be more dementia friendly and make changes where appropriate and possible, e.g. signage, lighting, place to seat
Embed the concept of being ‘Dementia Friendly’ within the business
Review Business induction and training practices to ensure dementia awareness is included
2015 - First Quarter Update