Home Instead Senior Care Ltd.
We provide care to the elderly in their own homes so that they can remain safe and well in them for as long as they would like to.
- 19 February 2016
- South East
- Local Alliances:
- Crawley Dementia Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1) We offer our clients personal choice and control or influence over decisions about themselves.
2) Our services are designed around clients and their needs.
3) We support our clients live their life well.
4) We inform and update our clients so that they know-how to get what they need.
5) We ensure our clients are live in a supportive environment where they feel valued and understood.
6) Clients are empowered to have a sense of belonging and of being a valued part of family, community and civic life.
7) I know there is research going on which delivers a better life for our clients now and hope for the future.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Gaining acceptance from council led teams supporting the elderly that commercial entities such as ourselves have an important role to play in supporting the elderly and caring for them.