Hill Barton Surgery
We are a small friendly medical practice , keen to identify , care and support patients with dementia alongside their carers and family.
- 17 February 2017
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Exeter Dementia Action Alliance (EDAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. Staff will complete online dementia awareness training and encouraged to attend the next available Dementia Friends meeting.
2. We will display posters and Leaflets with special emphasis during Dementia Awareness Week.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Staff awareness of mild dementia symptoms, financial restaints in providing correct signage and training.
We will display posters and Leaflets especially during dementia awareness week.
Staff are to complete online dementa awareness training and encouraged to attend next Dementia Friends meeting