Life Dental & Wellbeing
At Life Dental and Wellbeing we believe that good oral health is essential to your overall wellbeing and that by looking after your mouth you can avoid serious conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke and thus extend your life. Life Dental & Wellbeing is a mixed NHS and Private Dental Practice providing care for patients in Exeter and the surrounding area. Dr Ben Pearson also takes referrals from all over the South West. We are keen to be empathetic to our patients and their carers who are living with dementia and offer any support that we can.
- 21 October 2015
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Exeter Dementia Action Alliance (EDAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Action 1: We will ensure that all our staff have attended a Dementia Friends Awareness session and that as new members join the will also become Dementia Friends.
Action 2: One of our staff members will become a Dementia Friends Champion. That staff member will engage with and support Exeter Alliance events as and when they take place.
Action 3: We will promote dementia awareness including:
- displaying posters and leaflets during Dementia Awareness Week.
- spreading the word through our local community group - Queen Street Traders Association.
- making our Dental Practice as dementia friendly as possible.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We would also like to help spread the word about dementia awareness to other Dental Practices across the city.