Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social care in Devon. Locally and nationally we give people a powerful voice to help people get the best out of local services. We also give people information about the care choices they have, help people to navigate the health and care system and we’re out there listening to peoples experiences of care and holding decision makers to account. We’re independent, transparent and accountable and we’re powerful – we have the strength of the law and the national influence of Healthwatch England behind us. We want to help deliver better outcomes for everyone who accesses health and social care services – and that includes people living with dementia.
- 23 October 2015
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Exeter Dementia Action Alliance (EDAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Our actions are to:
1. Offer meeting room support for the Exeter Alliance
2. Offer practical support to the Exeter Alliance events
3 - Ensure staff and volunteers become Dementia Friends with potentially one or two people training as Dementia Friends Champions
4 - Promote the work of the Exeter Alliance as a stakeholder and supporter
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Our challenge is:
Time: getting everyone together for Dementia Friends sessions – we have nearly 30 staff all on different schedules