Bradford Road Medical Centre
Bradford Road Medical Centre is a GP practice with responsibility for approx. 4,629 patients within Huddersfield and surrounding area. We provide the healthcare, support and guidance for everyone registered with Bradford Road Medical Centre, and as a membership practice of NHS Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group (GHCCG) we are striving towards supporting patients to live longer, happier and healthier lives.
- 11 October 2015
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Health, Clinical Commissioning Group, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Kirklees Dementia Action Alliance, Yorkshire & Humber Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
The simplest and most effective way for Bradford Road Medical Centre to make a difference, is to increase awareness of dementia within all our practice staff via Dementia Friends.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The biggest challenge for Bradford Road Medical Centre is time. By Bradford Road Medical Centre working in partnership across GHCCG, with other health and social care providers in Kirklees, we hope to be able to make steady progress in improving what we do with all patients.
Improve our understanding of Dementia
- Bradford Road Medical Centre will encourage all practice staff to watch the Dementia Friends film at www.dementiafriends.org.uk to become a dementia friend.
- For those who are interested to know more, we will encourage staff to participate in the eLearning resources at www.scie.org.uk/publications/elearning/
Raise awareness of dementia
As staff become Dementia Friends by watching the video or attending a session we will encourage them to proudly wear their badge.
Working alongside our GHCCG member practices, and other colleagues, organisations and individuals within Kirklees, Birkby Medical Centre will review and reflect on how further changes and improvements might be made for the benefit of all patients.