Ringwood and Bransgore Dementia Action Group
Ringwood and Bransgore Dementia Action Group is developing dementia friendly communities locally and thereby working towards Dementia Friendly Hampshire. To achieve its goal the members are • raising the Action Group's profile through events and the media • pursuing all possible funding avenues • building a strong foundation for Dementia Friendly Ringwood and Bransgore through Dementia Friends. Dementia Friends ( individuals and members of a broad spectrum of establishments - businesses, churches, shops, schools, medical centres, leisure centres etc.) are • created through 45 minute sessions delivered by Dementia Champions and • encouraged to turn their understanding into action and to join the Dementia Action Alliance Ringwood and Bransgore Dementia Action Group is working hard towards launching as one Dementia Friendly Community in late Autumn 2015 with a minimum of twenty organisations signed up to the Dementia Action Alliance increasing in numbers thereafter.
- 21 July 2015
- Voluntary Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
We are bringing about social change by raising awareness among the general public, businesses and organisations, to create a Dementia Friendly environment.
We seek commitment to change by turning understanding into action.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The challenges we experience include :
- increasing our number of Dementia Champions
- finding willing people who can commit time, energy and/or specific experience, preferably for free, eg. accountant
- creating a suitable constitution to allow setting up a "small charity" bank account
- accessing sufficient funding to cover necessary expenses - printing and advertising in particular
- developing recording methods for planning, implementation and follow up of actions
- maintaining a high profile locally via the press and information boards
Dementia Awareness raising for as many people / organisations as we can reach
Ensure delivery of Dementia Friends sessions to committee members, individuals and everyone we approach in potential Dementia Friendly organisations and create new Dementia Champions within those organisations
- Being implemented
Set up Small Charity's bank account
Ensure acceptable constitution is in place for our organisation to function and for a bank account to be set up
Find Funding and seek contributions/donations
Investigate and follow up all possible sources of funding for advertising, printing and events (Spotlight Event and Launch)
- Being implemented, Case study
Set up a recording method to list people and places to approach, the resulting actions and their progress right up to joining the HDAA and after
- Being implemented, Case study, Delivered
Establish procedures for maintaining training and status for all organisations
Create a process to use with each establishment - a clear development plan for maintaining Dementia Friendly status in future and encourage volunteer members from these establishments to join the Ringwood & Bransgore Dementia Action Group Committee
Maintain a high profile in our local areas
Set up information boards in Ringwood, Bransgore and smaller neighbouring communities
- Investigating, Planning
2015 - Second Quarter Update