Home Instead Senior Care, Falmouth
- 30 October 2013
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Falmouth Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists a number of outcomes that we are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- We provide goods and services to people with dementia that support them in their daily living and enable them to stay at home and in their community, enjoying the best quality of life for longer
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- By enabling people living with dementia to be part of the community and continue to do daily and social activities
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
- We provide caregivers to support people with dementia to live independently in their own homes.
Dementia Action Day
Home Instead Senior Care are organising a Dementia Action Day at the Dacaena Centre in Falmouth on 23rd May. The event will provide:
- Information about dementia
- What services are available to people with dementia and their carers in the area
- Information on training for families
- Networking Cafe for people to share experiences and make useful contacts
In addition to the services Home Instead Senior Care provide they hope that this can become an annual event.