Rotherham Rotary Club
Rotary International, the world's first servicer club organisation, is made up of over 32,000 clubs in 170 countries. Its members form a network of business and professional people who volunteer their time and talents to serve communities and the world. Attached is an article entitled RePOD (Rotarians Easing the Problems of Dementia)
- 4 July 2015
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Voluntary Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Rotherham Dementia Action Alliance, Yorkshire & Humber Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Consider your organisation’s role in making a difference in your community. .
1. We are in the progress of setting up and supporting a new Memory Cafe in the Kiveton Park area.
2. We are also attempting to bring Admiral Nurses into the Rotherham area.
3. We have set up a support system for our members, where necessary.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
1. To eventually see that it becomes self-sufficient. (One of the roles of Rotary is to see a need in the community and develop a way in which it can be resolved)
Member websiteThe Rotary Club of Rotherham
Improve our understanding of Dementia
Source and provide Dementia Awareness training for relevant volunteers involved in our projects
Memory Clinic in the Kiveton Park area
Work with the local Alzheimers society to set up an additional Memenory Cafe and gvie considerstion to fundding and manning this project
This will be organised in the same way that the existing Cafes are working
Promote and work towards Admiral Nurses being employed in the Rotherham area
1. Questioned all of the relevant organisations in the Authority in order to evaluate whether Admiral Nurses would complement or conflict with the existing practices.
2. Obtained evidence from the authorities in England who employ Admiral Nurses.
3. Made Powerpoint presentations to the Rotherham Health and Welfare Board, the Rotherham CCG, the Rotherham Dementia Action Alliance, the Older People's Mental Health Board and, with our President's help, the Rotherham Health and Welfare Board.
Promotion of Rotherham Dementia Action Alliance
We will use all our contacts and networking opportunities to promote as many organisations being part of Rotherham Dementia Action Alliance