Liversedge Medical Centre
Liversedge Medical Centre is a GP practice with responsibility for approx. 3,342 patients within North Kirklees. We provide the healthcare, support and guidance for everyone registered with Liversedge Medical Centre, and as a membership practice of NHS North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group (NKCCG) we are striving towards supporting patients to live longer, happier and healthier lives.
- 14 June 2015
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Clinical Commissioning Group, Health, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Kirklees Dementia Action Alliance, Yorkshire & Humber Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
The simplest and most effective way for Liversedge Medical Centre to make a difference, is to increase awareness of how our reception/ admin staff work with patients and their families/ carers.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The biggest challenge for Liversedge Medical Centre is time. By Liversedge Medical Centre working in partnership across NKCCG, with other health and social care providers in Kirklees, we hope to be able to make steady progress in improving what we do with all patients.
Improve our understanding of Dementia
Liversedge Medical Centre will encourage all reception/ admin staff to watch the Dementia Friends film at www.dementiafriends.org.uk or attend a face to face Dementia Friends session
For those who are interested to know more, we will encourage reception/ admin staff to participate in the eLearning resources atwww.scie.org.uk/publications/elearning/
We will provide reception/ admin staff with access to: Making Kirklees a Friendly Place to Live Toolkits, Dementia Friendly Kirklees Resources. Details can be found at: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/community/careSupport/healthWellbeing/pdf/dementiaToolkit01 .pdf
If resource allows, support reception/ admin staff to attend one of the Clinical Commissioning Group & Dementia Action Alliance co‐ordinated afternoons on the 16th June or 21st July 2015.
Raise awareness of dementia
Liversedge Medical Centre actively focuses on the needs of patients, and hopes to become an organisation that is working towards becoming Dementia Friendly.
- As reception/admin staff watch the Dementia Friends video or attend a session we will encourage them to proudly wear their badge.
- If resource allows, support any local developments co‐ordinated by North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group, Kirklees Dementia Action Alliance or other interested party to work towards Liversedge Medical Centre being part of a Dementia Friendly Community.
We will provide a link on Liversedge Medical Centre’s website to allow people to find out more/ book onto Dementia Friends sessions for themselves.
- Implementation, Planning
Working alongside our NKCCG member practices, and other colleagues, organisations and individuals within Kirklees, Liversedge Medical Centre will review and reflect on how further changes and improvements might be made for the benefit of all patients.