Fareham United Reformed Church
Fareham United Reformed Church is a Christian Church who endeavours to live out our Mission Statement, welcoming all, offering everyone the hand of friendship and seeking to care for all comers in a loving and friendly way, without being intrusive. The worship of the church is lively, varied and inclusive. Members of the congregation take part in the worship by reading the bible lessons and from time to time in leading intercessions. There is a choir and a music group who take part in worship on an irregular basis. The main hymn books used are Rejoice & Sing and The Source with all words being projected onto the screen and large print sheets offered when required.
- 21 May 2015
- Faith Groups
- Local Alliances:
- Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
Fareham United Reformed Church will, as part of our Action Plan for 2015, seek to consolidate our commitment to Dementia Friendly Status and build upon actions taken in 2014, assessing whether and/ or when further training in Dementia Awareness of elders and church members may be appropriate, needed or required.
Fareham United Reformed Church seeks to work with the Alzheimer’s Society who meets at our church to work with the organisation to secure their best outcomes.
Fareham United Reformed Church, by having two elders designated and commitment to becoming and maintaining a Dementia Friendly Church environment, will continue throughout 2015 seek to make any alterations and improvements as identified in liaison with the Alzheimer’s Society lead.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Fareham United Reformed Church are committed to “Sharing Jesus’s Love with those who experience some form of dementia” and do not foresee any unachievable challenges in securing this outcome in the present or long time future.
- Fareham United Reformed Church would welcome regular contact, ideas and further research from the Dementia Friendly Organisation how we can best secure these aims.