Hadleigh Baptist Church
We seek to introduce people in Hadleigh, the surrounding area and beyond to the Lord Jesus Christ. This is our mission. Everything we do reflects this mission and the values that make it possible. Our core values include: Build healthy lives Belong to your Church and your community Become: Know your gifts and role Be assigned: Change your world
- 10 June 2015
- East of England
- Care, Faith Groups, Membership Organisations, Other, Schools, Voluntary Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Hadleigh Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
In three of the seven outcomes we particularly provide support:
3. Supporting individuals to live their life
5. Creating an enabling and supportive environment where individuals will feel valued and understood.
6. Creating a sense of belonging and of being a valued part of our community.
In addition we will seek:
To raise the awreness of dementia to our community of 250 people of all ages that regularly attend. To continue to arrange events that will be dementia friendly, e.g. Oasis, Come dine with us, community meals, Women's group, Small groups in homes and in the Church building, refreshments following our main Sunday meetings to allow conversation and provide opportunity for people to make friends and reminisce.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
Contiually raising the profile.Providing regular training for new members of the Church community.